Errors

• Lester Izaac
  • Topic Author
More
03 Nov 2020 00:10 #8963 by Lester Izaac
Errors was created by Lester Izaac
Hello,
I´m getting used to SAM and this probably is something I´m doing the wrong way.
The PV residential system I´m modelling to get the financials consists in Hoymiles MI-1500W MicroInverters with 415W Canadian Solar modules.

These are the log errors from the simulation attempt:

exec fail(pvsamv1): At least one subarray must be assigned to each inverter MPPT input.
Simulation pvsamv1 failed :exec fail(pvsamv1): At least one subarray must be assigned to each inverter MPPT input.
gen not assigned
Simulation grid failed :gen not assigned
SSC requires input 'gen', but was not found in the SAM UI or from previous simulations
Simulation utilityrate5 failed :precheck input: variable 'gen' required but not assigned
SSC requires input 'annual_energy_value', but was not found in the SAM UI or from previous simulations
Simulation cashloan failed :precheck input: variable 'annual_energy_value' required but not assigned

I tried to use only equipments from the SAM library to check the errors persistance. Then I went to the SAM Forum but I couldn´t find any solution. The threads I checked are listed below: 

sam.nrel.gov/forum/forum-general/2199-error-running-simulation.html#6641
sam.nrel.gov/forum/forum-general/1186-cec-param-6-error.html#3650
sam.nrel.gov/forum/forum-general/1053-error-message.html#3189
sam.nrel.gov/forum/forum-general/175-simulation-error-what-next.html#541

This specific microinverter I´m using holds 4 modules/each.

I tried to set up System Design page in two ways that are copied below, but it also didn´t help.

and I´m sure this might be a newbie error, but I´d appreciate your help on that !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
03 Nov 2020 19:30 #8964 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Errors
Hi Lester,

That error indicates that the value of Number of MPPT inputs on the Inverter page is different than the number of subarrays enabled on the System Design page. Please see the "Modeling PV Systems with Multiple MPTTs" video here sam.nrel.gov/photovoltaic/pv-videos.html for more, and also refer to the Help system.

To fix the problem, set the number of MPPT inputs to one.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman