SAM's financial model calculates financial metrics for various kinds of power projects based on a project's cash flows over an analysis period that you specify. The financial model uses the system's electrical output calculated by the performance model to calculate the series of annual cash flows.
SAM includes financial models for the following kinds of projects:
- Residential (retail electricity rates)
- Commercial (retail rates or power purchase agreement)
- Third-party Ownership
- Power Purchase Agreement (PPA)
- Single owner
- Leveraged partnership flip
- All equity partnership flip
- Sale leaseback
It also includes a simple levelized cost of energy calculator based on a fixed charge rate input.