PySAM is a Python wrapper for SAM that you can use to write Python code that makes calls to the SAM Simulation Core (SSC) compute modules. It provides access for tools for accessing SAM default values and input variables so you can create code directly in Python without having to run SAM's code generator.
- Provides a wrapper around the SAM library that groups together the C API functions by technology or financial model into modules.
- Includes error-checking, explicit input and output definition, and conversion between Python data types.
- PySAM modules are compatible with PySSC, which is included as a subpackage. PySSC is the original wrapper used by SAM's code generator.
- Automatically assign default values to input parameters from SAM's default value database.
- Built-in documentation of models and parameters.
- Minimum Python 3.5 for Windows 7 64-bit, MacOSX 10.6, or CentOS 5.
For more information:
This overview presented on August 2, 2019 demonstrates how to use PySAM to build a renewable energy system model in Python using PySAM.