Error running simulation

• treaves
  • Topic Author
More
06 Feb 2019 03:00 #6641 by treaves
Error running simulation was created by treaves
This is my first time using the application, so, this is likely user error. But all of the fields that seem to require input have it. When I try to run a simulation, it fails with:
exec fail(pvsamv1): CEC 6 parameter model: Could not solve for normalized coefficients. Please check your inputs.
Simulation pvsamv1 failed.
SSC requires input ‘gen’, but was not found in the SAM UI or from previous simulations
Simulation utilityrate5 failed.
SSC requires input ‘annual_energy_value’, but was not found in the SAM UI or from previous simulations
SSC requires input ‘gen’, but was not found in the SAM UI or from previous simulations
SSC requires input ‘elec_cost_with_system’, but was not found in the SAM UI or from previous simulations
SSC requires input ‘elec_cost_without_system’, but was not found in the SAM UI or from previous simulations
Simulation cashloan failed.

I just can not figure out what values I need to change or add. Any help appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Christopher
More
30 Aug 2019 16:40 #7634 by Christopher
Replied by Christopher on topic Error running simulation
Is there any update to this? I am having the same issue.

• Paul Gilman
More
03 Sep 2019 22:11 - 03 Sep 2019 22:14 #7651 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Error running simulation
Hi Christopher,

That error message is generated by the Detailed Photovoltaic model when you use the "CEC Performance Model with User Entered Specifications" as the model option on the Module input page.

A common error when entering those specifications is to use the wrong units for the temperature coefficients of Voc and Isc -- please make sure the units (%/°C vs V/°C and A/°C) you use in SAM are consistent with the units on the module's datasheet.

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 03 Sep 2019 22:14 by Paul Gilman.

• Vishal Bhavar
More
28 Feb 2022 09:20 #10630 by Vishal Bhavar
Replied by Vishal Bhavar on topic Error running simulation
Hi Paul,

After clicking on calculate and plot in module tab, I am getting error  "Failed to solve for module coefficients. Please check your inputs" 

I have maintained same unit as per above reply but still still getting same error.

I just can not figure out what values I need to change or add. Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Vishal

Moderators: Paul Gilman