Downloading Weather File Issue

• Paul Gilman
More
11 Oct 2022 18:05 #11562 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Downloading Weather File Issue
Hi Evan,

Can you attach a copy of the weather file from your SAM Downloaded Weather Files folder?

Also, what version of SAM are you using? (To see the version number, Click Help or press the F1 key, and then About at the top of the Help window.)

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Donald Whisenhunt
  • Topic Author
More
11 Oct 2022 18:15 #11563 by Donald Whisenhunt
Replied by Donald Whisenhunt on topic Downloading Weather File Issue
Paul,

I thought I uploaded it - but I will try again.  I will also take Evan's suggestion and put it in a word doc.

I see it won't finish the upload of the "bad" text file for some reason.  The Word file uploaded fine.

Donald
Attachments:

• Evan Riley
More
11 Oct 2022 19:31 #11564 by Evan Riley
Replied by Evan Riley on topic Downloading Weather File Issue
Sure, I tried to send one yesterday, but have reattached here.  It is copied into MS Word, since this interface will not allow me to attach the "bad" .txt weather file.  You'll notice pretty quickly that the attachment does not look like a weather file, but rather like some sort of layout instruction.  Since I can't get the weather downloader within SAM to work, I have been downloading files from the NSRDB viewer outside of SAM and manually placing them into my SAM Downloaded Weather Files folder.  That works fine, just takes a little longer.

I am using version 2021.12.2.

File Attachment:

File Name: portland_o...bad.docx
File Size:20 KB

• Nathan Kautzer
More
11 Oct 2022 20:18 #11565 by Nathan Kautzer
Replied by Nathan Kautzer on topic Downloading Weather File Issue
Same issue here. I am been having issue for weeks with downloading weather files. Previously I would get a "Weather file test failed, latitude and longitude required but not specified" error, despite entering a valid lat and long. Today the error is with Geocoding. It can't seem to find any moderate sized cities. For some reason Chicago, IL worked but Peoria, IL failed. 

• Paul Gilman
More
11 Oct 2022 22:44 - 11 Oct 2022 22:44 #11566 by Paul Gilman
Hi Evan,

The file you attached is HTML that appears to be generated by something called Zscaler. It includes the following message:

Proceeding to visit the site may violate your company policy. Press the "Continue" button to access the site anyway or press the "Back" button on your browser to go back

That suggests that there may be security software that is blocking SAM's access to the web API that provides the solar resource data.

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 11 Oct 2022 22:44 by Paul Gilman.

• Paul Gilman
More
11 Oct 2022 22:52 #11567 by Paul Gilman
Hi Donald,

The file you attached is also an HTML file that appears to be generated by a website called gecirtnotification. It has the following message:

The website you’re trying to access is not in our security database and requires one more step. Please drag and drop the
matching icon into the circle on the right to validate you are intentionally trying to reach this website.

If you visit this site often please click on the Classify this URL link below to get this site trusted so this prompt is not displayed again.

If you are confident this is a legitimate message, you might try saving the file as .html so you can open it in a browser and use the links to add the NSRDB API URL to the trusted list.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman