About PV, Wind and Batteries

• Paul Gilman
More
23 Oct 2020 20:54 #8933 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic About PV, Wind and Batteries
Hi Aldo,

For the Combine Cases macro, the financial model for generic system case that represents the combined systems is the one that determines the project NPV and other financial metrics. The electricity rate, load, financial parameters, incentives and other financial model inputs for the other cases representing the subsystems are not used for the combined system.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Aldo
  • Topic Author
More
28 Oct 2020 17:19 #8943 by Aldo
Replied by Aldo on topic About PV, Wind and Batteries
Hi Paul.

I'm about to finish my thesis, I'm in the conclusions part, and I need to understand the performance and financial metrics well. Would you be so kind as to explain them to me? For example, I don't quite understand the capacity factor, nor the energy yield, and so on with various performance metrics. What are the values that need to be achieved for each metric? For financial metrics, I think the only thing I don't quite understand is the LCOE.

Best regards.

• Paul Gilman
More
29 Oct 2020 17:16 #8950 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic About PV, Wind and Batteries
Hi Aldo,

Please see the "Financial Metrics" and "Performance Metrics" chapters of SAM's Help system for descriptions of the metrics. You can press the F1 key from SAM to open the Help system, or download a PDF version from the SAM website Download page: sam.nrel.gov/download.html.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman