About PV, Wind and Batteries

• Paul Gilman
More
21 Oct 2020 23:07 #8916 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic About PV, Wind and Batteries
Hi Aldo,

Are you sure the PDF files are not in your default Downloads folder?

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Aldo
  • Topic Author
More
22 Oct 2020 19:50 #8925 by Aldo
Replied by Aldo on topic About PV, Wind and Batteries
Hi Paul.

I checked my downloads and searched, both by the numbers with which the pdfs are on the SAM page and by the names of the technical manuals, and nothing has been downloaded, I only use the visualization of pdfs from the internet. But I was able to resolve most of the previous doubts.

Now I am trying to combine the cases with the combined cases macro. I am sending you the file for you to review, please, because I have some doubts about the NPV since I feel it is too high, and it may be because of having added the system costs again within the generic project.

I also want to go back to the minimum charges. Is it important to consider demand charges? Because so far I have only used the fixed ones and the energy ones.

Best regards.

• Paul Gilman
More
22 Oct 2020 19:58 #8926 by Paul Gilman
Hi Aldo,

The Combine Cases macro calculates the total project cost by adding up the total installed cost values from each case, and assigning that total value to the cost of the Generic system case.

You should only consider demand charges if they are part of the monthly electricity bill.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Aldo
  • Topic Author
More
22 Oct 2020 20:24 #8927 by Aldo
Hi Paul.

So in that sense I should not add system cost values to the generic project, since the macro does it by itself, right? What I did was manually add the sum of the system costs, the electric rates and the electric charges, but I should leave the system costs intact in the generic project from what I understood.

Best regards.

• Aldo
  • Topic Author
More
22 Oct 2020 21:54 #8928 by Aldo
Hi Paul.

It seems to me that the problem with the high NPV is because the rates of each system should not be added together. But I can't specify the rate of each system in the generic project either. What should be done in this case? Calculate an average? Or just come up with a value that produces a positive NPV?

Best regards.

• Paul Gilman
More
23 Oct 2020 20:48 - 23 Oct 2020 20:49 #8932 by Paul Gilman
That is correct. The Combine Systems macro calculates the costs for the combine project so you don't have to do that. The macro overwrites whatever costs are on the System Costs page for the Generic System case that represents the combined system.

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 23 Oct 2020 20:49 by Paul Gilman.

Moderators: Paul Gilman