Linear Fresnel VBA code generation not working

• luis.dominguez
  • Topic Author
More
01 Mar 2012 15:25 #332 by luis.dominguez
Linear Fresnel VBA code generation not working was created by luis.dominguez
Hi,

I am trying to run an linear fresnel simulation case using the Excell/VBA code generation tool of SAM. I have put the samsim.dll file inside the folder containing the .vba and .dat files. However, whenever I try to run the code I get a message that samsim.dll cannot be found. I generated a phyton code and this one indeed worked (by putting msvcp100.dll, msvcr100.dll and ssc32.dll files in the same folder as suggested in the manual). Any idea why the vba code does not work? I am using the latest version of SAM (2011.12.2) and x64-bit machine running Windows 7.
Thank you,
Luis Dominguez

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• aandrsolar
More
31 May 2012 15:58 #333 by aandrsolar
Replied by aandrsolar on topic Linear Fresnel VBA code generation not working
Luis,
I'm having the same problem. Were you ever able to figure out a solution?

Reeves Clippard

• luis.dominguez
  • Topic Author
More
06 Jun 2012 12:55 #334 by luis.dominguez
Replied by luis.dominguez on topic Linear Fresnel VBA code generation not working
Hi Reeves,

Unfortunately, I haven't been been able to figure out a fix... yet...

Luis Dominguez

• KJRsolar
More
11 Oct 2022 15:50 #11559 by KJRsolar
Replied by KJRsolar on topic Linear Fresnel VBA code generation not working
Hi Luis,
although the last forum entry is quite old, I am curious whether you could fix the problem. It seems that I have the same issue now:
I am used to work with SAM for a long time (since 2010), using VBA code. The code was running 2 years ago. Now I try to install everything on a new computer with new operation system (Windows 10, x64 based processor), and it seems that my old "samsim.dll" version from 2011 is not compatible anymore. I receive the same message you mention above ("samsim.dll cannot be found"), although it is saved in the correct folder.
Any idea how to solve this? Is there a new version von samsim.dll available?

Thanks,
Klaus

• pgilman
More
11 Oct 2022 17:48 #11560 by pgilman
Hi Klaus,

The old samsim.dll worked with 32-bit versions of Windows, so is likely not compatible with Windows 10 x64.

The current version of SAM is SAM 2021.12.02, and it uses the ssc.dll library. The easiest way to get a copy of the library is to download and install SAM: sam.nrel.gov/download.

See the "The SSC Library" section of the SAM Software Development Kit (SDK) page for help locating the library file: sam.nrel.gov/software-development-kit-sdk

Best regards,
Paul.

• KJRsolar
More
12 Oct 2022 09:12 #11568 by KJRsolar
Replied by KJRsolar on topic Linear Fresnel VBA code generation not working
Hi Paul,
thank you for the quick replay. I have replaced the old samsim.dll with the new ssc.dll from the current verion, and adapted the VBA code accordingly. The ssc.dll ist found now, but the called function is not found in ssc.dll.
My idea is to replace the new ssc.dll (from SAM 2021.12.02) with an older version (either samsim.dll or ssc.dll) that was released between my original version (SAM 2011.11.29) and the 2021 version. Could this work? Would you have a recommandation which version is the most suitable one?

Thanks,
Klaus

Moderators: pgilman