Details or Description of various Modules found in SSC SDKtool

• asifak
  • Topic Author
More
20 May 2024 10:47 #13176 by asifak
I am new to using SAM and SDKtool. I am able to use a module "iph_to_lcoefcr" and run a program in visual studiio / c#. It worls perfect. Perhaps this is one of the smallest module in SDK. NOw, I am looking to use other modules shown in SDKtool. however, as of first step, I need to understand or to have some sort of descritption of all other modules.

Lets say, I am interested to use a model available in SAM  software i.e. PVWatts/ Distributed / Residential Owner, then question is it relates to which module shown in the SDKTool. 
THanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
20 May 2024 21:49 #13181 by pgilman
Hi Asif,

For reference, the SAM SDK is described here: sam.nrel.gov/software-development-kit-sdk.

The SSC modules are not documented, aside from whatever comments exist in the code, and the brief description in the DEFINE_MODULE_ENTRY() function at the end of the C++ file for each module, for example here for the iph_to_lcoefcr module you mention:

github.com/NREL/ssc/blob/patch/ssc/cmod_iph_to_lcoefcr.cpp

PySAM is a Python wrapper that is available as a Python package with slightly better documentation of the SSC modules:

nrel-pysam.readthedocs.io/en/main/ssc-modules.html

The PySAM documentation also lists the model configurations that are available in the SAM user interface here:

nrel-pysam.readthedocs.io/en/main/sam-configurations.html

Best regards,
Paul.

• asifak
  • Topic Author
More
21 May 2024 05:23 #13183 by asifak
Hi Paul
Thanks for the quick response. Appreciated !!
Could you please inform which module in SDQtool relate to following Models in SAM software:

1) Photovoltaic / Detailed PV Model / Distributed / Residential Owner2) Photovoltaic / Detailed PV Model / Distributed / No Financial Model

Thanks

• pgilman
More
21 May 2024 16:24 #13185 by pgilman
Hi Asif,

Detailed PV / Residential (nrel-pysam.readthedocs.io/en/main/sam-configurations.html#detailed-pv-model-residential-owner): belpe, pvsamv1, grid, utilityrate5, cashloan

Detailed PV/ No Financial (nrel-pysam.readthedocs.io/en/main/sam-configurations.html#detailed-pv-model-no-financial-model):  pvsamv1, grid

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman