Detailed PV + Singleowner Project using PySAM

• Ajinkya Pradip Mahale
  • Topic Author
More
21 Nov 2021 10:43 #10297 by Ajinkya Pradip Mahale
Replied by Ajinkya Pradip Mahale on topic Detailed PV + Singleowner Project using PySAM
Hi Paul, 

Thank You so much for your reply. I have succeeded in running the simulation and getting almost the same outputs as SAM Desktop. 

I was wrong with the inputs that I was providing PySAM. I realised that all the 'default' inputs for SAM Desktop's Detailed PV - Singleowner model and PySAM's Singleowner model do not match. 

Thus, I generated the code from SAM Desktop's Project and then checked all the input parameters. I found that the 'construction financing cost', 'inflation rate' and 'real discount rate' had different values. 

However, upon changing the values I am almost getting the same results for all the Output metrics. 

There is one doubt I still have -
In both PySAM and SAM Desktop, system_use_lifetime_output (which means- Lifetime hourly system outputs) needs to be assigned a value of 0 or 1. I checked that in the generated code of my SAM Desktop Project, this value was same with what PySAM's Singleowner model was taking as default. 
However, on the SAM Desktop where do I set this value?? 

Thanks a lot again,
Ajinkya

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
23 Nov 2021 19:23 - 23 Nov 2021 19:24 #10309 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Detailed PV + Singleowner Project using PySAM
Hi Ajinkya,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

The value of system_use_lifetime_output is set internally in the SAM desktop user interface. For the Detailed PV (Flat Plate PV) model, it should be set to 1.

You can determine the value of these kinds of variables in the desktop version of SAM using an LK script (click File, New script):

x = get('system_use_lifetime_output');
outln(x);

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 23 Nov 2021 19:24 by Paul Gilman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman