SDK with SAMTool and VBA

• Paul Gilman
More
27 May 2020 20:29 #8239 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic SDK with SAMTool and VBA
Hi Steven,

We are really hoping to release SAM 2020.2.29 r2 with this and several other fixes tomorrow. When the update is available, you should see a notification when you start SAM, either as a pop-up window, or as a red banner in the Welcome window, or both.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steven Wallace
  • Topic Author
More
29 May 2020 04:54 #8250 by Steven Wallace
Replied by Steven Wallace on topic SDK with SAMTool and VBA
I am now able to run by VBA code.  Thanks very much.

By the way, the update dialog produces the warning that I need to quit all copies of SAM before preceding.  Closing SAM and clicking Okay just redisplayed the dialog.  I repeated the process, quitting SAM before I clicked Update on the SAM update executable's dialog, Same result.  I looked at task manager and identified the update .exe but, before running it, it occurred to me to just rerun the SAM install from the new rev2 package, as suggested in the updater's dialog.  That worked, so I'm good.  Might be a stumble for others.

• Paul Gilman
More
29 May 2020 21:55 - 29 May 2020 21:56 #8255 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic SDK with SAMTool and VBA
Hi Steven,

The automatic updater does not work in Windows for SAM 2020.29 r1 and earlier. The workaround is to download a new installation file from sam.nrel.gov/download. We hoped the "important note" would help explain what to do. That will be fixed for updates from SAM 2020.2.29 Revision 2 onward.

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 29 May 2020 21:56 by Paul Gilman.

Moderators: Paul Gilman