SDK with SAMTool and VBA

• Steven Wallace
  • Topic Author
More
21 May 2020 03:25 #8220 by Steven Wallace
SDK with SAMTool and VBA was created by Steven Wallace
I am not able to access, register or use the SSC.dll library that comes with SAM 2020.2.29.  I used the SAMTool to generate VBA code, which I imported into an Excel macro-enabled workbook.  I'm told the library cannot be found and have tried File/Options/Add-ins, REGsvr, and can find no solution on the web.  Have others seen this or have advice?

Steven Wallace

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
21 May 2020 17:40 #8223 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic SDK with SAMTool and VBA
Dear Steven,

This is likely because you are using a 32-bit version of Excel, and SSC is 64-bit. Please see this discussion for more details:

sam.nrel.gov/forum/forum-sdk/1861

Best regards,
Paul.

• Steven Wallace
  • Topic Author
More
21 May 2020 21:09 #8225 by Steven Wallace
Replied by Steven Wallace on topic SDK with SAMTool and VBA
Thanks Paul.  I have 64-bit Office (just re-verified) and.  

I should have provided more details about my system and noted that I had seen your 2017 conversation.  The dll is in the System32 and SysWOW64 folders, which are in the PATH system environment variable.

Excel compiles the VBA generated by SAMtool without error but, when I try to run,  Excel gives me the message:  "Run-time error '453': Can't find DLL entry point sscvb_version in ssc.dll".  That's when I started trying to manage add-ins in Excel/File/Options, and to use RegSvr as instructed on some web sites.  I remain flummoxed and attendant to any additional advice.

The message I get from RegSvr.exe is 'The module "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ssc.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.  Make sure that  "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ssc.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.'

• Steven Wallace
  • Topic Author
More
21 May 2020 22:59 #8226 by Steven Wallace
I should add that knowing others are able to use the SAMTool-generated VBA in Excel without my issue indicates some system-oriented error on my end must be responsible.  I'll look there....

• sjanzou
More
23 May 2020 10:25 #8230 by sjanzou
Replied by sjanzou on topic SDK with SAMTool and VBA
Thanks for reporting the VBA issue.

The issue has been fixed and will be available in the SAM 2020.2.29 Revision 2 and ssc version 240 that will be released soon.

• Steven Wallace
  • Topic Author
More
27 May 2020 01:19 #8238 by Steven Wallace
Thank you for the response and fix.  Is there a notification to participants of a new version's release?  Otherwise I can check back occasionally (might be daily I confess).

Steven

Moderators: Paul Gilman