CSP Trough Physical, Commercial. Partial Loads

• Pierre
  • Topic Author
More
16 May 2013 07:23 #1622 by Pierre
Dear Paul,

I wanted to ask you if it is possible to introduce partial loads in CSP Trough Physical, with version 2013.1.15.

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• falah
More
17 May 2013 07:50 #1623 by falah
Dear Sir
we have new project in Baghdad for 5MW CSP station but this is the first time we search in this field and we have not experience in the field of CSP. i need your assist to advice me which program and software and calculation of feasibility study for load and cost and every thing, we want to learn how to built CSP in my country.
i wait your answer.Thanks and best regards

Dr.Falah Ibrahim Mustafa
Researchers Chief
Director of Solar Energy Research Center
Renewable Energy Directorate
Ministry of Science and Technology
Baghdad- Iraq

• Paul Gilman
More
17 May 2013 16:24 #1624 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic CSP Trough Physical, Commercial. Partial Loads
Dear Pierre,

SAM's physical trough model calculates the part-load performance of the power block's Rankine cycle using the approach described beginning in Section 3.1.1 of the physical trough model reference manual (see Wagner and Gilman 2011 on the Performance Models page). 

SAM determines the part load performance using a regression model described in detail in Section 3.2 of the the manual.

SAM's empirical trough model uses a different approach, where you provide a set of coefficients for a polynomial that represents the power block's part-load efficiency. 

Best regards,
Paul.

• Paul Gilman
More
17 May 2013 16:28 #1625 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic CSP Trough Physical, Commercial. Partial Loads
Dear Dr. Falah,

SAM is a good place to start for modeling parabolic trough, power tower, linear Fresnel, and dish-Stirling CSP systems. I would suggest that you or your staff download and install the software. The CSP models require some knowledge of system designs and familiarity with project costs and financial arrangements. You can use the software's Help system, and information in this forum and the Learning page to learn more about SAM.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman