UAE and US (built in SAM profile) based PV performance & Economic Analysis Issue

• faizan.tahir@nyu.edu
  • Topic Author
More
30 Aug 2023 11:02 #12470 by faizan.tahir@nyu.edu
Thank you so much Paul.
One last query please, where can I add the battery replacement cost, lets's say I want to replace the battery every 8 years, where I can incorporate this option in SAM latest version (2022.11.21)?
Best Regards,
Faizan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
31 Aug 2023 15:04 - 31 Aug 2023 15:10 #12473 by pgilman
Hi Faizan,You can enter the cost of replacing batteries on the Operating Costs input page.If you want to replace the batteries every 8 years:
  1. Choose Replace at specified schedule on the Battery Life page.
  2. Click Edit array.
  3. Type the percentage of the battery bank that you want to replace in Year 8. For a full battery replacement in Year 8, type 100 in Row 8. Do the same for Year 16, Year 24, etc. up to the analysis period.

If you choose the Replace at specified capacity option instead, SAM automatically replaces the battery when the battery capacity reaches the battery bank replacement threshold value that you type (50% by default). For this option, as the battery capacity degrades over time, SAM automatically replaces the battery in when the battery capacity reaches 50%. Battery replacements are especially sensitive to the battery environment temperature, which you can find under "Battery Thermal" on the Battery Cell and System page.You can use the "battery relative capacity to nameplate" variable on the Results page to see the effect of replacing the battery. Zoom out to see the entire lifetime of the battery. Here's an example for a battery that is replaced when its capacity reaches 50%:  Best regards,Paul.
Attachments:
Last edit: 31 Aug 2023 15:10 by pgilman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman