Error in Macro: As Built-complete.sam using a PVsyst CSV file

• emejia
  • Topic Author
More
14 Aug 2023 14:31 - 14 Aug 2023 16:04 #12414 by emejia
Thank you Paul for your reply and help, I followed your corrections with the CSV file and while now SAM doesn't display any errors with the conversion, it does show the following message: 

It ends up creating a SAM CSV but the problem is that as the error says, it doesn't determine the timestep and so the CSV takes the timestep and its values as columns rather than ordering them in the correct columns for Year, Month, etc. Why is this so? I'm attaching both the CSV corrected for the previous mistakes and the new CSV that SAM creates so my problem is better understood. 

Thanks and best regards, 
Emiliano 
Last edit: 14 Aug 2023 16:04 by pgilman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
14 Aug 2023 16:09 #12415 by pgilman
Hi Emiliano,

The original file has 8759 rows of data instead of 8760. The time stamp for the last row is for Hour 22 of December 23. Because this is a night-time hour when there is no sun, you could copy the row for Hour 22 to make a new row for Hour 23 and change the value in the Hour column for the new row from 22 to 23.

Best regards,
Paul.

• emejia
  • Topic Author
More
14 Aug 2023 18:49 #12418 by emejia
Thanks Paul, I solved that mistake (my bad by not noticing it beforehand) and while SAM no longer points out any mistake with the CSV, it doesn't create a correct CSV as it shows that on many lines the beam+diffuse and GHI are higher than the threshold. Just like this: 
    * global irradiance (249.75) at record 1232 is greater than threshold (225)
    * global irradiance (457.583) at record 1233 is greater than threshold (280.45)
    * bailing... too many warnings.

How can I solve this and/or increase the system's threshold for this type of values? Considering that the data and value of GHI for instance are taken directly on site. 

Regards, 
Emiliano 

• pgilman
More
15 Aug 2023 23:36 #12420 by pgilman
Hi Emiliano,

You should be able to ignore those warning messages and use the file for a simulation.

I used a text editor to delete double quotes (") from the file to make it work as input for a SAM simulation.

Best regards,
Paul.

• emejia
  • Topic Author
More
16 Aug 2023 16:58 - 17 Aug 2023 00:09 #12424 by emejia
Thanks Paul, checking that I've found two mistakes with it. If I just use the created SAM CSV on a simulation the following message appears when I try to simulate:

missing wind speed nan W/m2 at time [y:1900 m:1 d:1 h:0, minute:0], exiting
exec fail(pvsamv1): Could not read data line 8760 in weather file.
Simulation pvsamv1 failed :missing wind speed nan W/m2 at time [y:1900 m:1 d:1 h:0, minute:0], exiting

And when I try to delete the double quotes as you mentioned, the Location and Resources system tells me it can't use the SAM CSV as it can't know the timestep of it with the following message 

Thanks for your help Paul, I'm sure we're close to getting the CSV up and running on the program.

Best regards, 
Emiliano
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Aug 2023 00:09 by pgilman.

• pgilman
More
17 Aug 2023 00:16 #12426 by pgilman
Hi Emiliano,

Attached is a SAM CSV file that I converted from your PVsyst meteo file. Before converting the PVsyst file, I changed "Wind" label to "WindVel" to be consistent with the format description in the PVsyst documentation:

www.pvsyst.com/help/meteo_pvsyst_standard_format.htm

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman