Error in Macro: As Built-complete.sam using a PVsyst CSV file

• emejia
  • Topic Author
More
17 Aug 2023 02:24 #12427 by emejia
Thanks Paul, your file did work correctly but I still don't understand how did your file conversion work correctly and mine didn't? I followed your corrections (such as changing Wind for WindVel) yet the SAM CSV created is different. I also now tried to use the Macro with another file (attaching it) and while I was able to convert it correctly, I still got the message of it being out of limit with the irradiance values. Because of that I wasn't able to simulate a pv system as I got the next message: Simulation pvsamv1 failed :Out of range beam irradiance 3374.04 W/m2 at time [y:2022 m:1 d:1 h:16 minute:0], set to zero.

Comparing your recently attached CSV I see that the columns are out or order, does that have any significance or not really (considering it was automated by SAM)? 

Best regards,
Emiliano

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
17 Aug 2023 23:29 #12434 by pgilman
Hi Emiliano,

You can click the View data button on the Location and Resource data to see graphs of the data in the file (after converting it to the SAM CSV format).

For a file I converted for the latest file you attached, the DNI and DHI does not look correct to me. For example around June 21 the DNI peaks at almost 4500 W/m2 and the DHI at around 450:

Here's what the data looks like for an NSRDB file I downloaded from SAM using the Advanced Download option. This is for the same latitude and longitude, but data for 2019:

Best regards,
Paul.
Attachments:

• emejia
  • Topic Author
More
24 Aug 2023 15:43 #12455 by emejia
Thank you Paul for your answer and for adding the graphs to make it easier to notice the problems with the file attached. I managed to solve that part and I can now simulate in SAM a PV system with a PVsyst CSV. But now I have another question regarding the process of the macro in creating a SAM CSV file. In the case that I have data and a file without GHI but with POA (plain of array) data, is there a form I can directly use that string of data or is it always absolutely necessary for the file to have GHI in order for the macro to run correctly?

Thanks again for all the support and best regards, 
Emiliano.

• pgilman
More
25 Aug 2023 23:33 #12459 by pgilman
Hi Emiliano,

I made some changes to the macro for the Fall 2023 release of SAM, including recognizing the PVsyst header "GPI" as POA data.

In the meantime, I think if you edit the PVsyst file to change "GPI" to "POA", the macro should include that column in the converted SAM CSV file. Or, if you run the macro without editing the PVsyst file first, I think the GPI column will be in the converted SAM CSV file, and you could edit it there.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman