Error downloading weather file from NSRDB

• arkarthanaye@ictsmyanmar.com
  • Topic Author
More
16 Feb 2023 08:24 #11935 by arkarthanaye@ictsmyanmar.com
Error downloading weather file from NSRDB was created by arkarthanaye@ictsmyanmar.com
I know this is not a new subject and previously reported in 2020. but this issue seems be happening again in 2023. Can you anyone let me know if this issue is happening to some of you and what is the fix to this? thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
16 Feb 2023 18:33 #11936 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Error downloading weather file from NSRDB
Hi Arkar,

Please let us know what specific problem you are having. Occasionally there are intermittent server issues that might cause problems, but the downloads should be working.

Best regards,
Paul.

• spencex4
More
21 Feb 2023 14:57 #11945 by spencex4
Replied by spencex4 on topic Error downloading weather file from NSRDB
I'm also getting this error.

"Download request failed. Please adjust your settings and try again. Sorry for the inconvenience."

I tried 3 different data sets on the NSRDB viewer and got the same error every time. And I've gotten this error since last Friday 2/17/2023.

I think it's something on the NREL side as others in my organization are having the same issue.

• pgilman
More
22 Feb 2023 00:40 #11946 by pgilman
Hi Spencer,

Weather file downloads from the NSRDB should be working in SAM (from the Location and Resource page). Are you seeing this error from SAM or from the NSRDB website?

Best regards,
Paul.

• pgilman
More
22 Feb 2023 23:10 #11951 by pgilman
Please be sure you are using the latest version of SAM. Older versions of SAM may not work with the latest weather file downloads from the National Solar Radiation Database (NSRDB). You can download the latest version of SAM from sam.nrel.gov/download.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman