CSP Time Series Results

• Bernardo Almeida
  • Topic Author
More
24 Jun 2022 17:56 #11175 by Bernardo Almeida
Replied by Bernardo Almeida on topic CSP Time Series Results
Hi Paul.
The same is happening when I try to increase the value of Loop outlet HTF temperature..
I am not understanding why the simulation gives an error...

Best regards,
Bernardo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bernardo Almeida
  • Topic Author
More
29 Jun 2022 18:31 #11198 by Bernardo Almeida
Hi Paul.
I'm sorry to bother you again...
Could you please take a look on that? I am assuming that this is because my scale reduction, but I don't know...

Thank you!

• Paul Gilman
More
30 Jun 2022 21:24 #11205 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic CSP Time Series Results
Hi Bernardo,

I will see if I can get some help with this issue from my colleagues. I am providing additional information to help them.

The "piping geometry file" error message in question:

The .sam file requires SAM 2022.5.5 Beta to open: samrepo.nrelcloud.org/beta-releases/sam-beta-windows-2022-5-5.exe

Attached is the NSRDB IODC weather file.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Paul Gilman
More
01 Jul 2022 16:37 #11216 by Paul Gilman
Hi Bernardo,

We discovered a small bug that is causing this error. We are currently working on the Fall 2022 version of SAM, and not planning to release more revisions of SAM 2021.12.02, so I am not sure when we can share a Beta version with this fix. I will discuss with the development team and let you know what we decide.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Bernardo Almeida
  • Topic Author
More
04 Jul 2022 13:32 - 05 Jul 2022 19:43 #11220 by Bernardo Almeida
Hi Paul.
Thanks for your help. The error didn't really make sense for me...
Could you please provide me some more information about that bug? I'm finishing my thesis and, since there is this bug that prevents me from changing some inputs, I needed to explain it...

Is there any possibility that this version will come out by September?

Best regards,
Bernardo

I'm finishing my thesis and, since there is this bug that prevents me from changing some inputs, I needed to explain itI'm finishing my thesis and, since there is this bug that prevents me from changing some inputs, I needed to explain it
Last edit: 05 Jul 2022 19:43 by Paul Gilman.

• Paul Gilman
More
06 Jul 2022 21:16 #11228 by Paul Gilman
Hi Bernardo,

This problem is caused by an assumption we made in an equation that is part of an iterative solution in the solar field temperature calculations. This assumption causes the solution to fail in some special cases.

Your file has many inputs that are far enough from the typical design point, and are likely to cause these kinds of problems with the physical trough model.

We were able to fix this particular problem here: github.com/NREL/ssc/pull/846/commits/3226103ce9e010c4c7a241aea59b73dca72685b2

I will email you a special version of the ssc.dll file that you can use with the SAM 2022.5.5 Beta version to fix this problem for your analysis.

It is possible that you will encounter other problems. Unfortunately we do not have the resources to address these kinds of problems at the moment. Please let me know if you do have other problems, but I cannot guarantee that we will be able to fix it in time for your work.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman