Send to excel with formula's - Error

• SarrtAkyar
More
31 Aug 2021 13:54 - 02 Sep 2021 08:28 #10024 by SarrtAkyar
Replied by SarrtAkyar on topic Send to excel with formula's - Error
I was also looking for an answer to this question. Thanks.

Paul Gilman wrote: Hi Brad,

Thank you for sending the file. There is a bug for Send-to-Excel with Equations when the Single Owner financial model uses time series PPA price multipliers. We will fix that for this fall's release: github.com/NREL/SAM/issues/694 work time

The only workaround is to use the weekday/weekend schedule instead of the PPA mutlpliers, or to manually modify the Excel spreadsheet after the export so that it has the correct values in the Net PPA Revenue row of the Cash Flow worksheet.

Yes the IRR, NPV, PPA price, and other financial metrics can be very sensitive to small changes in the financial assumptions. The size of debt changes both the initial investment cost and the annual recurring costs, so those metrics are especially sensitive to that assumption. You can compare the cash flows for different debt sizes to see what is causing the difference in IRR.

Best regards,
Paul.

Last edit: 02 Sep 2021 08:28 by SarrtAkyar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Soheb Zaidi
More
07 Jan 2022 17:09 #10484 by Soheb Zaidi
Replied by Soheb Zaidi on topic Send to excel with formula's - Error
Hi Paul,

What is the progress on this issue, I see that there is an GitHub branch created for this here: github.com/NREL/SAM/issues/694#issue-980673316.

I think this issue still persists and has not been fixed. I still face the same OLE error showing up on sending the cash flow values to excel. 

Looking forward to hear on this.

Regards.

• Paul Gilman
More
07 Jan 2022 18:58 #10487 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Send to excel with formula's - Error
Hi Soheb,

We will fix GitHub issues with the "SAM Fall 2021 Release Patch 1" milestone, including this one, for the first update to SAM 2021.12.02, which we plan to release at the end of this month (January 2022).

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman