Send to excel with formula's - Error

• Brad
  • Topic Author
More
24 Aug 2021 16:15 #9986 by Brad
Paul-  I saw someone else had this issue, but never saw the resolution.

I cannot send my model to excel with formulas...

Could not evaluate callback function:Cashflow to Excel callback: Single Owner[913]: error in call to 'value()': variable 'ppa_multipliers' does not exist in this context[914]: eval error in statement list[888]: eval error in statement list[888]: error inside function call[1362]: eval error in statement list[1362]: error inside function call[1763]: eval error in statement list

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
25 Aug 2021 21:06 #9998 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Send to excel with formula's - Error
Hi Brad,

Could you attach a copy of a .sam file that generates this message or describe the case that generated it?

Best regards,
Paul.

• Brad
  • Topic Author
More
26 Aug 2021 15:34 #10005 by Brad
Replied by Brad on topic Send to excel with formula's - Error
Paul-  Please see the attached version six.

In addition, I have another question.

It seems the sensitivity to the %debt is overly sensitive?  If I change the debt from 60% to 80%, the IRR changes from -5% to 82%?  Is there something in my assumptions that is causing this wild swing?
Attachments:

• Paul Gilman
More
26 Aug 2021 21:56 #10006 by Paul Gilman
Hi Brad,

Thank you for sending the file. There is a bug for Send-to-Excel with Equations when the Single Owner financial model uses time series PPA price multipliers. We will fix that for this fall's release: github.com/NREL/SAM/issues/694.

The only workaround is to use the weekday/weekend schedule instead of the PPA mutlpliers, or to manually modify the Excel spreadsheet after the export so that it has the correct values in the Net PPA Revenue row of the Cash Flow worksheet.

Yes the IRR, NPV, PPA price, and other financial metrics can be very sensitive to small changes in the financial assumptions. The size of debt changes both the initial investment cost and the annual recurring costs, so those metrics are especially sensitive to that assumption. You can compare the cash flows for different debt sizes to see what is causing the difference in IRR.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Brad
  • Topic Author
More
30 Aug 2021 15:25 #10017 by Brad
Replied by Brad on topic Send to excel with formula's - Error
Thank you, this is very helpful.

I'm still wrapping my head around the IRR calculation and read some information on project IRR vs equity IRR.  

I am noticing there are two different IRR calculations, is this what it is contemplating?

Thanks,

Beas

• Paul Gilman
More
30 Aug 2021 17:48 #10018 by Paul Gilman
Hi Brad,

The internal rate of return (IRR) in SAM is based on the project after-tax cash flow. If the project you are modeling in SAM includes debt, the after-tax cash flow accounts for the effect of debt: The initial project cost is the equity portion of the investment, and the annual cash flow includes debt repayment.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman