Merchant Plant - Generating Revenue

• oavaldezi
More
21 Mar 2022 20:18 #10714 by oavaldezi
Replied by oavaldezi on topic Merchant Plant - Generating Revenue
Was this bug fixed? I'm using SAM Version 2021.12.2, but the Merchant Plant model doesn't produce revenue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
28 Mar 2022 21:15 #10744 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Merchant Plant - Generating Revenue
Hello,

We have made several changes to the battery dispatch model and merchant plant financial model in SAM 2021.12.02 that should help resolve some of these issues. However, it is still tricky to get the battery dispatch model to respond to price signal data from the merchant plant financial model.

If you can attach your .sam file with an explanation of what you are trying to accomplish, I would be happy to help troubleshoot.

Best regards,
Paul.

• oavaldezi
More
15 Apr 2022 18:18 #10838 by oavaldezi
Replied by oavaldezi on topic Merchant Plant - Generating Revenue
The SAM file is attached. It contains Single Value Energy market revenue, as well as Capacity Payments, but the Cash flow only contains Capacity payment revenue ($), but not Enerqy market revenue ($).

Thanks for your assistance.

• Paul Gilman
More
15 Apr 2022 22:35 #10839 by Paul Gilman
Hi Oavaldezi,

The "Single Value" option is not working properly for merchant plant price inputs. Please see this post for a workaround solution: sam.nrel.gov/forum/forum-general/3809

We will fix this for the next update: github.com/NREL/SAM/issues/1004

Best regards,
Paul.

• Jose Luis
More
22 Nov 2022 13:13 - 28 Nov 2022 18:47 #11714 by Jose Luis
Replied by Jose Luis on topic Merchant Plant - Generating Revenue
Hi i have a similar problem and that is when i create a report this message appears:

File Attachment:

File Name: PVonly_SSC...lant.sam
File Size:2,969 KB

I attach the file in question.
Last edit: 28 Nov 2022 18:47 by Paul Gilman.

• Paul Gilman
More
28 Nov 2022 18:54 #11731 by Paul Gilman
Hi Jose Luis,

The error message indicates that there is not a report template for the PV-Battery / Merchant Plant configuration.

The PDF report provides a high-level description of some key inputs and outputs. Because the battery storage performance model has complicated inputs for storage dispatch, and the merchant plant model has large time series arrays for pricing data, we have not found a practical way to include this information in a high-level report.

You can build your own report by exporting graphs and tables of data from SAM into a document. This approach is preferable to using SAM's report generator because you can provide information relevant to your project.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman