We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

SAM optimization with MATLAB

• Houssem93
  • Topic Author
More
02 Jul 2020 21:48 #8384 by Houssem93
SAM optimization with MATLAB was created by Houssem93
Hello everyone,

I have an idea about combining MATLAB's optimization algorithms (genetic algorithm GA or fmincon etc..) , with SAM simulation core to determine optimal PV and battery size and maximum NPV.  I spent some time learning SAM LK for paratmetric simulations, but I don't know how to start to create this type of link between the MATLAB and SAM. Is it even feasible ? Also is there another way to setup a multi-objective problem using LK alone ?

Thank you, 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
02 Jul 2020 21:52 #8386 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic SAM optimization with MATLAB
Hi Houssem,

You might consider using the SAM Software Development Kit (SDK), which has tools for accessing the SSC Application Programming Interface (API) that is SAM's simulation core:

sam.nrel.gov/software-development-kit-sdk

You can also search this forum for "MATLAB" to find discussions about using MATLAB to access the SSC API.

Best regards,
Paul.

• hakacm
More
17 Feb 2022 22:00 #10603 by hakacm
Replied by hakacm on topic SAM optimization with MATLAB
Dear Houssem, 
Did you figure out how to use SAM and Matlab for optimization algorithm ? If so, can you please share with me some paper of documentation explaining the process.
Best,

Moderators: pgilman