We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

all hourly data - but an error

• nielsrw
  • Topic Author
More
17 Jun 2020 16:15 #8315 by nielsrw
all hourly data - but an error was created by nielsrw
I believe that all the data that I entered/uploaded is hourly: 1) hourly TMY data - for calculating PV output, 2) hourly site load data - which I entered, 3) hourly net billing sell prices - which I enter, 4) hourly purchase rate data, which I selected from the database. Pretty sure everything is 8760 data points.  But I am not a regular user of SAM and may be missing something obvious.

However, when trying to run a simulation, I get this error: "exec fail(utilityrate5): number of sell rate records (1) must be equal to number of gen records (8760) or 8760 for each yearSimulation utilityrate5 failed :exec fail(utilityrate5): number of sell rate records (1) must be equal to number of gen records (8760) or 8760 for each year"

What do you recommend?

Thank you!

Niels

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
22 Jun 2020 16:23 #8338 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic all hourly data - but an error
Hi Niels,

Can you attach a .sam file that shows this behavior?

Best regards,
Paul.

• nielsrw
  • Topic Author
More
22 Jun 2020 22:26 #8341 by nielsrw
Replied by nielsrw on topic all hourly data - but an error
Paul

Think I updated my mac operating system since the last time I opened SAM.  It disappeared again... and I think all my files did too.  I found the program searching for a .dmg file. But I can not find the files searching for .sam files. Only older runs show up. 

Now SAM shows as a "removable volume" as if it's connected to one of my USD ports!

Is there some fix that allows me to use SAM on my MAC without it constantly disappearing.  I just searched your user guide and site for this and the web and couldn't find a solution.

Frustrating.

but thank you!!

Niels

• pgilman
More
25 Jun 2020 18:52 #8358 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic all hourly data - but an error
Hi Niels,

The installation instructions on the Download page explain where to put the SAM .dmg file so that it will be recognized as an application:

sam.nrel.gov/download.html

Your .sam files should not be affected by an operating system update. You should save them like other documents in a folder you have access to.

Best regards,
Paul.

• nielsrw
  • Topic Author
More
29 Jun 2020 21:09 #8368 by nielsrw
Paul,

First, thank you for your help.  I spent the day re-doing SAM... now I have the SAM program operating as it should and know where the .sam files are saved.

See attached for the sam file you requested a few days ago.

Note that sales are based on hourly LMPs.  The site has a generation so the load shows power going to the grid, even before adding PV.

I am pretty sure everything is hourly... so I am not sure why I am getting this error message. See the error message attached.

File Attachment:

File Name: Usersniels...2920.sam
File Size:126 KB

• nielsrw
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jun 2020 18:36 #8370 by nielsrw
I thought I replied but I am not seeing it, here on the SAM website.

See attached for a run with the previously mentioned error message.

Thanks so much!!!

Niels

Moderators: pgilman