We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Help with Calibration

• saman1368
  • Topic Author
More
12 Feb 2020 16:48 #7969 by saman1368
Help with Calibration was created by saman1368
I am trying to calibrate my model to the actual data, in order to do that i need 2019 and 2020 Solar radiation data but SAM database only have up to 2018, is there any solution to that? please advice

Regards
Amir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
12 Feb 2020 16:58 #7970 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Help with Calibration
Dear Amir,

The NREL National Solar Radiation Database (NSRDB) is updated each year to add the previous year's data. If you need data for years or locations not covered by the NSRDB, you can try one of the other sources of data listed on the SAM website:

sam.nrel.gov/weather-data

Best regards,
Paul.

• saman1368
  • Topic Author
More
12 Feb 2020 18:49 #7975 by saman1368
Replied by saman1368 on topic Help with Calibration
I was able to download data that include Snow depth, is there any template that I can use to generate .csv spreadsheet data that will be readable with SAM? 

• pgilman
More
12 Feb 2020 23:53 #7977 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Help with Calibration
Hi Amir,

Please see the SAM CSV weather file format description in SAM's Help system. You can find it in the table of contents under "Weather Data, Weather File Formats."

You can also find examples of files in the SAM CSV format in your SAM installation folder in the solar_resource folder as described here:

sam.nrel.gov/forum/forum-general/2776-sam-installation-folder.html

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman