We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Parametrics un

• tapia
  • Topic Author
More
11 Jan 2020 03:54 #7875 by tapia
Parametrics un was created by tapia
Hi! I am a student from Chile and I am doing my final degree project.Hi! I am a student from Chile and I am doing my final degree project.

I used SAM to simulate a certain central tower CSP with thermal storage system and now I have to explore the viability of the same plant in 6 different zones by varying the radiation value of the place.

For that I was filling in each of the parameters requested by SAM, such as: design point, heliostat field, tower and receiver, etc. First try to simulate with a solar multiplo equal to 1 and without storage system. Then I tried to vary the solar multiple in different values and the storage hours to find the optimal value that resulted in a lower LCOE value. My question is how could I find the value of the optimum if when I simulate without the parametric option it gives me a value but when doing the same with the parametrics option they don't give the same results? I've been trying to solve that problem for a long time.For that I was filling in each of the parameters requested by SAM, such as: design point, heliostat field, tower and receiver, etc. First try to simulate with a solar multiplo equal to 1 and without storage system. Then I tried to vary the solar multiple in different values and the storage hours to find the optimal value that resulted in a lower LCOE value. My question is how could I find the value of the optimum if when I simulate without the parametric option it gives me a value but when doing the same with the parametrics option they don't give the same results? I've been trying to solve that problem for a long time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
13 Jan 2020 17:24 #7879 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Parametrics un
Dear Hector,

Here are a couple of discussions that might help answer your question:

sam.nrel.gov/forum/forum-general/2766-dni-parametric

sam.nrel.gov/forum/forum-general/1244-csp

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman