User Defined Power Block- Molten Salt Tower

• Yuegeng
More
18 Nov 2019 20:01 #7800 by Yuegeng
Replied by Yuegeng on topic User Defined Power Block- Molten Salt Tower
Hello Ty,

Sorry for the late reply-I was finalizing my dissertation recently. Attached are the sam case and the used weather data. I have tried the case(Flex_no_opt_41.sam)  in the version of 2018.11 but it still doesn't work. Besides, I found that the other one (Flex_no_opt_32.sam) which I thought worked actually got weird results of hourly simulation. The modeled output power is much lower than zero at several points and the final capacity factor of the CSP plant is much lower than expected.

I think the errors may have something to do with the applicability of the regression model for the user defined cycle with unique performance characteristics. In my case, the cycle performance remains the same when the ambient temperature is lower than 17 ℃. Therefore, the functions of different indicators are not continuous. I assume  that the regression method used for the user defined cycle is not suitable for my case. Therefore, I'm wondering if it's possible to integrate the user-defiend regression model for the user-designed cycle into SAM considering SAM is now a open-source program? This may solve my problem once and for all.

Best regards,
Juergen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman