We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Gemasolar Simulation

• jqcano
  • Topic Author
More
06 Apr 2019 09:35 #6737 by jqcano
Gemasolar Simulation was created by jqcano
Hi!
I'm having some problems when simulating CSP Gemasolar (Seville, Spain) on SAM 2018. I'm using the same data used in a older version in this website (for SAM 2013 or so), but i'm not receiving the same solution. For example, annual energy production results in "-3e12", what's just stupid (I'll attach a screen capture of main results).
Probably I'm making some units mistakes, but there's a lot of parametres to control, and I'm not finding the problem.
Could anybody help me? Any advise or possible solution will be welcomed! :)

Thank you very much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
08 Apr 2019 18:19 #6738 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Gemasolar Simulation
Hello,

Could you attach a copy of your .sam file to your post above (click Edit to add an attachment) along with the weather file you are using?

Best regards,
Paul.

• pgilman
More
15 Apr 2019 21:45 - 28 Jun 2019 15:34 #6739 by pgilman
Dear Javier,

Thank you for attaching the file. I could not quickly find the cause of the negative outputs.

As you know, the Gemasolar analysis was done using an old version of SAM, and we have made numerous improvements to SAM's Molten Salt Power Tower model since then.

Have you downloaded the old .zsam file from the Case Studies and Validation page and opened it in SAM 2014.1.14? (You can download the old version from the "Legacy Versions" list on the Download page. Then, you can run the two versions of SAM side-by-side to compare the inputs.

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 28 Jun 2019 15:34 by pgilman.

• pgilman
More
22 Apr 2019 17:01 - 28 Jun 2019 15:34 #6740 by pgilman
Dear Javier,

We have posted a newly published article that discusses a SAM simulation of the Gemasolar plant. The authors graciously agreed to share a SAM file developed in SAM 2017.9.5 that should also work in later versions of SAM. You can find a link to the article and SAM file on theĀ  Case Studies and Validation page.

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 28 Jun 2019 15:34 by pgilman.

Moderators: pgilman