We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Modeling DC Optimizers with Multiple MPPT Feature

• pgilman
More
10 Jun 2019 21:02 #7450 by pgilman
Hi Wink,

The "Inverter Datasheet" and "Inverter CEC Database" options on the Inverter input page are separate models, so the inputs for the two options do not match. For the Inverter Datasheet option, the idea is that you would find the input parameter values on the inverter manufacturer's datasheet.

You shouldn't need to modify the CEC Inverter.csv file. SAM reads the data from that file to populate the list of inverters on the Inverter CEC Database option. I would not recommend editing that spreadsheet unless you know what you are doing. It contains parameters that we generate from the inverter test data provided in the source data for that list at www.gosolarcalifornia.ca.gov/equipment/inverters.php.

My suggestion was that you create your own inverter using the Inverter Datasheet option with parameter values from the manufacturer datasheet so that you can modify the MPPT minimum and maximum voltage ratings.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• winksaville
More
10 Jun 2019 22:43 #7453 by winksaville
Replied by winksaville on topic Modeling DC Optimizers with Multiple MPPT Feature
Thanks Paul!

I'm wondering why microinverters and DC Optimizerers aren't supported more directly?

Besides this thriead I also found this doc  from this 2015 post and this post from 2017  with an update by you this year , but they feel like round-about solutions. I recently asked for bids and all bids were either microinverters or optimizers, so it would seem directly supporting them would be helpful.

-- Wink

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman