Input parameters for modules using the SDK

• giovanni.picotti
More
26 Nov 2015 08:07 #2653 by giovanni.picotti
Replied by giovanni.picotti on topic Input parameters for modules using the SDK
Dear Paul,

I am trying to replicate the performance model 'CSP power tower molten salt' using the SDKtool, specifically I am using MATLAB to run it, through the given wrapper.
In order to identify each required input I referred to the tcsmolten_salt module in the SSC SDKtool (v.3.0.0, 64 bit). I then exported the input browsers table from the SAM interface (version 2015.6.30) to excel in order to give each input the related default value, that would let me to run the program. Unfortunately the names given to the variables in the SDKtool and in the SAM interface do not coincide. I tried to match them manually but I am not confident enough regarding what I assumed and still a lot of them are non-matched.
Is there any table or document in SAM that relates these variables? I could have missed it. Or can you suggest me how to relate each variable obtained from the SAM interface input browser with the ones obtained from the SDKtool?

Best Regards,
Giovanni

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sergio.casimiro
More
01 Dec 2015 17:12 #2654 by sergio.casimiro
Replied by sergio.casimiro on topic Input parameters for modules using the SDK
Dear Paul,

Following this thread:
Hi,

I'm using pvsamv1 with the SDK, also with a language wrapper through Matlab. From what I understood Im following the same procedure than Giovanni.

I'm noticing that at least a variable called "cec_adjust" is required when running the pvsamv1 through the SDK, but when I export the inputs from the SAM GUI it is not described there. I tried several versions of SAM (2015.1.30 and 2015.6.30), but they don't show it as an input using the base scenario that comes pre-loaded.

>> Is the variables list described in the SDK updated? If not, would it be possible for you to share an updated list of variables currently being used by the SAM models.

Thanks
Best
--
Sérgio Casimiro

• Paul Gilman
More
03 Dec 2015 19:32 #2655 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Input parameters for modules using the SDK

• Paul Gilman
More
03 Dec 2015 19:33 #2656 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Input parameters for modules using the SDK
Dear Giovanni,

Please see my reply to Sergio above.

Best regards,
Paul.

• giovanni.picotti
More
08 Dec 2015 00:30 #2657 by giovanni.picotti
Replied by giovanni.picotti on topic Input parameters for modules using the SDK
Dear Paul,
thank you very much for your help.

Regards,
Giovanni

Moderators: Paul Gilman