Module Parameters

• njoung
  • Topic Author
More
14 Apr 2014 21:36 #2270 by njoung
Module Parameters was created by njoung
How can you see which parameters are required for a specific module? I'm trying to use the pvsandiainv module but I can't figure out what to submit in the data container.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
14 Apr 2014 21:46 #2271 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Module Parameters
Hello,

I assume you that you are working with the software development kit (SDK) and are asking about the SSC API.

There are two ways to see a list of a module's input parameters, and they are both described in the SDK reference manual (ssc_guide.pdf) that is included in the SDK package.

One way is to use the SDK tool's module browser as described in Section 6.2. Another way is to use the ssc_module_var_info() function as described in Section 3.4.

Best regards,
Paul.

• njoung
  • Topic Author
More
14 Apr 2014 22:56 #2272 by njoung
Replied by njoung on topic Module Parameters
Awesome thank you for the quick response. I actually found that part but a lot of the things that are listed as required for user input don't really make sense so I was worried that I was misunderstanding the output of the function. For example, I ran a modified version of the test script you gave for ssc_module_var_info() on the pv6parmod and it listed DC power output as required. Shouldn't that be an output?

• Paul Gilman
More
15 Apr 2014 17:28 #2273 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Module Parameters
Yes, the pv6parmod module's dc variable is an output, and the value of its "required" field is an asterisk, indicating that it is required.
I suspect that all of the output variables have an asterisk for the value of the "required" field because all SSC variables have a "required" field regardless of whether they are input or output variables, the field must have a value, and for output variables, it makes more sense for the value to be required than not required.
Update: The required field for output variables means that the SSC module will always assign it a value. For now, all output variables are "required" (required = *), but we may change that in the future. For example, for the pvsamv1 module, we could make the hourly outputs for subarrays 2-3 not required (required = ?) so that the module only assigns values to those variables when more than one subarray is enabled.
Best regards,

Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman