SDK with DSIRE Database

• Paul Gilman
  • Topic Author
More
14 Nov 2013 17:40 #1935 by Paul Gilman
SDK with DSIRE Database was created by Paul Gilman
We are currently with the SDK in order to build a highly simplified version of SAM that will provide a person with a rough look at the cost of wind and solar systems at a particular location. The team has worked through the support documentation, however, one thing that we have been unable to find is a way to download the weather data and the DSIRE incentives for a particular location within the SDK environment. I can conceive referencing a folder of .srw files for the weather data, but the DSIRE incentives are less easy to obtain. I was wondering if there is something that I am missing within the documentation that will enable the team to download these incentives directly from the web instead of a referencing a file. I'm sorry if this request is not clear but I am not a programmer by education and am doing my best working through the different parts. Thanks very much for your time.
SAM uses a set of NREL web services to communicate with various internet databases. You can see the list of these services in the text file webapis.conf in the SAM installation folder (C:\SAM\2013.9.20 by default in Windows).
For the DSIRE database, SAM uses the Energy Incentives API . That and other APIs are accessible through the NREL Developer's Network website , where you can sign up for an API key.
Best regards,

Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman