Results from non-annual simulations

• Shira
  • Topic Author
More
28 Nov 2022 09:15 #11725 by Shira
I am trying to run a simulation using PySam with non-annual weather data (one day). I provided the meteo data by creating a dictionary (meteo_dict) and attempting to assign this dictionary to the solar resource group in two ways: 

1. pv_daily_model.SolarResource.assign(meteo_dict) 
2. pv_daily_model.SolarResource.solar_resource_data = meteo_dict
I then executed the model with pv_daily_model.execute()

The first method results in an exception, even though the dictionary includes all the data that is claimed to be missing:
Exception: pvsamv1 execution error. missing irradiance: could not find gh, dn, df, or poa

exec fail(pvsamv1): subhourly and non-annual weather files must specify the minute for each record

The second method runs without exception, but I can't understand if it actually ran the model or how to see results for this one day. Assuming it worked, I now want to access the results of the model from the non-annual period. How do I do that?

Thank you for your assistance. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
28 Nov 2022 19:19 #11736 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Results from non-annual simulations
Hi Shira,

Please see this example, and let me know if it helps you solve this problem. It uses Pvwattsv7 instead of Pvsamv1, but the technique should be the same for both compute modules:

github.com/NREL/pysam/blob/master/Examples/NonAnnualSimulation.ipynb

For other PySAM examples, see:

github.com/NREL/pysam/tree/master/Examples

Best regards,
Paul.

• Shira
  • Topic Author
More
01 Dec 2022 09:21 #11748 by Shira
Replied by Shira on topic Results from non-annual simulations
Thank you for providing these examples. The issue I'm facing is that I don't know how to see the results/outputs of the model. With an annual model I would want to check the following outputs for example:
  • annual_poa_nom
  • annual_dc_nominal
  • annual_energy
These outputs are not available when I run with sub-annual weather data. In the example you provided using Pvwattsv7 there's an option to check 'dc' and 'ac' which aren't output options for Pvsamv1. What would be the equivalent outputs I can check? 
These are the keys in the output dictionary after executing the model:
dict_keys()

Moderators: Paul Gilman