SSC SDK Version 0.9 is Available for Download

• Paul Gilman
  • Topic Author
More
08 Feb 2013 19:23 #1253 by Paul Gilman
The SAM Simulation Core Software Development Kit is available for download! For a description of the SDK and to download it, please visit the SDK page .The SDK is for software developers who want to write programs that call SAM's simulation engine. Best regards, Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgotseff
More
21 Feb 2013 17:07 #1254 by pgotseff
Replied by pgotseff on topic SSC SDK Version 0.9 is Available for Download
Paul,
Some quick questions regarding the SDK and "pvwattsfunc" - If there is FAQ link that would be fine too.
1) What is the solar position algorithm used in this function (Michalsky?)
2) Which tilt algorithm is being implemented in the PVWattsfunc POA calc? (I assume Perez "1990").
3) How is module temperate derate being calculated? Is pvwattsfunc using the same as Ver1 (i.e. simple flat plate efficiency model). What are a,b,dt (if used) and temperature coefficient (polycrystalline -.49)?
4) How important is "previous timestep values of cell temperature and POA" as used in pvwattsfunc? I guess the more important question is how are these values used in the current timestep?

BTW: thanks for making pvwattsfunc available in the SDK!

• pgotseff
More
21 Feb 2013 18:14 #1255 by pgotseff
Replied by pgotseff on topic SSC SDK Version 0.9 is Available for Download
I will answer part of my own question for 3:
gamma (Max power temperature coefficient %/C default = -0.5)
Sorry about not fully reviewing the documentation.

• Unknown User
22 Feb 2013 10:41 #1256 by Unknown User
Replied by Unknown User on topic SSC SDK Version 0.9 is Available for Download
Dear Paul,

over the last year I have been using SAM in combination with Excel through the use of VBA, for which an example script was released along older versions of SAM based upon which I have implemented our solution. For the last releases this script was not available any more, yet the implementation still worked.
Will this way of using SAM via Excel/VBA still be supported in future versions or will I have to think of a different way of having SAM communicate with Excel?

Thanks!
tric

• Paul Gilman
  • Topic Author
More
22 Feb 2013 19:33 #1257 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic SSC SDK Version 0.9 is Available for Download
Hi Tric,

We are no longer supporting the methods older versions of SAM provide for allowing programs written in VBA to run SAM. The new SDK provides access to the latest versions of the new SAM simulation core (SSC).

You may want to consider using the C# wrapper with .NET instead of the old VBA interface for your application.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Paul Gilman
  • Topic Author
More
05 Mar 2013 19:57 #1258 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic SSC SDK Version 0.9 is Available for Download
Dear pgotseff,

Please see the two references under "PVWatts" on the Performance Models page for a description of the methods used in the PVWatts model.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman