PySAM WindPower Module - Grid Interconnection Limits

• farhad.daruwala@paconsulting.com
  • Topic Author
More
11 May 2022 10:32 #10950 by farhad.daruwala@paconsulting.com
PySAM WindPower Module - Grid Interconnection Limits was created by farhad.daruwala@paconsulting.com
Hello,

Has anyone managed to get the Grid Interconnection limits working in the PySAM Windpower module? I see this option for Solar in PVSAMV1 but not in Windpower . 

Pvsamv1 — NREL-PySAM 3.0.1 documentation  - has an option for GridLimits
Windpower — NREL-PySAM 3.0.1 documentation  - does not have an option for GridLimits

For Solar, was able to export the JSON input files and then load into PySAM as follows but can't seem to add a dictionary for GirdLimits in thee Windpower module. 

Has anyone managed to find a workaround here? For example, is it possible to pass the Windpower module parameters to the Grid module somehow and get the energy output after the grid interconnection limits have been applied?

Regards,
Farhad 

Sample Solar Code that I am trying to Replicate for WindPower:
Code:
# create a dict of the blank PVSAMV1 modules for each asset as well as # a list of the PySAM JSON files that we need to load from df_sites  pv_modules = {} # grid_modules = {} json_input_file_names = {} json_grid_file_names = {} # now loop through all the sites_df rows and create blank modules # and populated the input file names for i in range(0, sites_df_solar.shape[0]):   # test creating a proper name print(sites_df_solar.iloc[i,0].replace(' ' , '_'))   # add to the modules dictionary pv_modules[sites_df_solar.iloc[i,0].replace(' ' , '_')] = pv.new() # grid_modules[sites_df_solar.iloc[i,0].replace(' ' , '_')] = pv.new()   # append formatted name to the input file dictionary json_input_file_names[sites_df_solar.iloc[i,0]] = sites_df_solar.iloc[i,0].replace(' ' , '_') + '_pvsamv1.json'   # append formatted name to the grid file dictionary json_grid_file_names[sites_df_solar.iloc[i,0]] = sites_df_solar.iloc[i,0].replace(' ' , '_') + '_grid.json' # loop through the dictionaries and import each JSON file into the  # appropriate module - for both the Input and Grid JSON files # Input Files for folder, file, module in zip(json_input_file_names.keys(),    json_input_file_names.values(),    pv_modules.values()   ): with open(json_input_dir + folder + '/' + file, 'r') as file:   data = json.load(file)   for k, v in data.items(): if k != "number_inputs": module.value(k, v) # Grid Files for folder, file, module in zip(json_grid_file_names.keys(),    json_grid_file_names.values(),    pv_modules.values()   ): with open(json_input_dir + folder + '/' + file, 'r') as file:   data = json.load(file)   for k, v in data.items(): if k != "number_inputs": module.value(k, v)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
12 May 2022 17:54 #10956 by pgilman
Hi Farhad,

The interconnection limit is part of the Grid module.

See the section on this page for the wind model to see what modules are required for the different model configurations in SAM:

nrel-pysam.readthedocs.io/en/master/Configs.html

And, the documentation for the Grid module:

nrel-pysam.readthedocs.io/en/master/modules/Grid.html

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman