NREL API error when fetching solar data (PSM v3 TMY)

• Ghazi
  • Topic Author
More
25 Mar 2022 17:14 #10728 by Ghazi
We're using the NREL API to fetch solar data through pysam. Everything was working nice and well until yesterday when suddenly the NREL API started returning errors with the text "Data processing failure."

The issue started happening at Mar 24,2022 10:16pm UTC and is still ongoing (everything was working fine before that).
pysam version used 2.2.4 (also tested with the latest 3.0.1 and same issue happened).
The error can be reproduced by visiting this url (make sure to set your email and api key)
developer.nrel.gov/api/nsrdb/v2/solar/psm3-tmy-download.csv?names=tmy&wkt=POINT%28-121.46+37.74%29&interval=60&api_key=&email=&utc=false

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
28 Mar 2022 21:39 #10746 by Paul Gilman
Hi Ghazi,

I have received several reports of issues with the NSRDB API in that time period. It seems to be working now in my tests.

Please let me know if you continue to have trouble.

Best regards,
Paul.

• squables
More
29 Mar 2022 23:34 #10757 by squables
Had the same issue today on first boot. Fixed by restarting the applicaton. It seems like the app couldn't retrieve the email variable until restart.

• Paul Gilman
More
30 Mar 2022 23:25 #10773 by Paul Gilman
Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We are investigating and will fix this for the next update to SAM 2021.12.02 if it is an issue on the SAM end rather than with the API.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Ghazi
  • Topic Author
More
31 Mar 2022 07:10 #10778 by Ghazi
Thanks for the reply Paul.
That is indeed the case, everything is back to normal. The errors stopped shortly after I posted (last one was at Mar 25, 5:40 pm UTC) but, since it was my first post, it needed approval and I wasn't able to reply to it.

Moderators: Paul Gilman