Errors in reading albedo from the weather file

• Caitlin Johnson
  • Topic Author
More
15 Mar 2022 18:40 #10694 by Caitlin Johnson
Errors in reading albedo from the weather file was created by Caitlin Johnson
Hello,

I'm seeing an odd error where I'm configuring SAM to use the albedo from the weather file: use_wf_albedo = 1 . However, the SDK output is saying that it does not exist. When I give it an array of 12 values (the monthly albedo profile) in my lk script, it defaults to using these values even when I set use_wf_albedo = 1. In my weather file, I have filled any nan's or albedos < 0.001 or > 0.98 with a dummy value, 0.123, thinking that it's doing a check that the input albedos are within some 'good' range. Some screenshots are attached. Apologies, but for confidentiality reasons, I cannot send the actual files or data.

I have used the syntax 'albedo' , 'surface albedo' and 'alb' in my weather file with no luck. What am I missing? How do I ensure that SAM uses the albedo time series in my weather file rather than having to require the monthly profile? 

Thanks so much,
Caitlin 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
16 Mar 2022 23:56 #10698 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Errors in reading albedo from the weather file
Hi Caitlin,

Your approach should work, I can't tell what is preventing it from working from the screenshots you shared.

One way to troubleshoot this would be to set things up in SAM to read the albedo data from your modified weather file. Once you have it working in SAM, use the code generator to create LK for SDKtool from that file to see how SAM set up the inputs. Then you can fix your code by comparing it to the code SAM generated.

Otherwise, I'd be happy to help troubleshoot if you can share you LK script and modified weather file. (If you prefer not to attach it here, you can email it to me at sam dot support at nrel dot gov.)

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman