Central tower CSP plant in PySAM (TcsmoltenSalt)

• Johannes
More
10 May 2021 19:59 #9579 by Johannes
Thank you very much dear Paul. I am left wondering about the piece of code that you gave as an example. You do that using "TcsmoltenSalt", but to optimize, wouldn't it be better to use the "Solarpilot" module directly?
One last question please, what is the difference between "Flux map for import" and "Flux map intensities"?
Thank you very much in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Francisco
  • Topic Author
More
10 May 2021 20:17 #9580 by Francisco
Replied by Francisco on topic Central tower CSP plant in PySAM (TcsmoltenSalt)
Hello Paul,
Now that I read Johannes' post, I am left with the question if this code snippet is how the modules do it internally? or is it how I should code it? I think one should use the Solarpilot module or am I wrong?

• Paul Gilman
More
10 May 2021 20:42 #9581 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Central tower CSP plant in PySAM (TcsmoltenSalt)
Hi Francisco and Johannes,

If you want to optimize the solar field from PySAM, you will need to run the SolarPILOT module.

These models are complicated, and we do not have documentation of how to manage the inputs and run these compute modules in the way SAM's user interface does.

SolarPILOT is available as a standalone model with more features than the version built in to SAM here: www.nrel.gov/csp/solarpilot.html

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman