Mermoud/Lejeune module and inverter model documentation

• Neel Patel
  • Topic Author
More
07 Jun 2019 08:19 #7449 by Neel Patel
Hello,

I am trying to use the Mermoud/Lejeune models present in the latest SDK 2018.11.11 and PySAM.
I was looking for a detailed documentation on both Mermoud/Lejeune module and inverter models, but did not find anything useful. 
I was able to run the module model successfully  but have doubts regarding the Extended Faiman temperature model. 
For the inverter model the documentation does not have the definition of parameters.

It would be nice to have a detailed documentation for these models.

Thanks,
Neel Patel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
10 Jun 2019 21:09 #7452 by Paul Gilman
Hi Neel,

For the Mermoud-Lejeune model, please see: github.com/NREL/ssc/issues/26.

For SAM inverter models, see the list of references at sam.nrel.gov/photovoltaic/pv-sub-page-2.html.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Neel Patel
  • Topic Author
More
13 Jun 2019 15:07 #7455 by Neel Patel
Dear Paul,

Thank you for the documentation links. I would like to point out that the inverter model documentation does not contain details about the Mermoud/Lejeune inverter model.

I am trying to setup the Mermoud/Lejeune inverter model present in PySAM 1.2. I have doubts regarding the input to the following parameters:
  1. ond_effCurve_Pdc
  2. ond_VNomEff
  3. ond_CompPMax
  4. ond_CompVMax
  5. ond_ModeAffEnum
  6. ond_ModeOper
The PySAM documentation of this inverter model does not specify any details. Also the datatype for these parameters is mentioned, but how to formulate the data is not mentioned. Also, input to some of these parameters is a string, but which specific strings can be assigned is not mentioned.

An example or details for this inverter model will be quite helpful.

Thanks and Regards,
Neel

• Paul Gilman
More
13 Jun 2019 19:40 #7457 by Paul Gilman
Hi Neel,

For a little background, NREL PySAM is a Python wrapper that provides access to SSC. The SAM user interface also provides access to SSC. SSC is a collection of renewable energy performance and financial models that includes the "OND inverter" model in question. Its source code is here: github.com/NREL/ssc/blob/develop/shared/lib_ondinv.cpp. SAM does not provide access to the OND inverter model or Mermoud/Lejeune module model, but you can access them in SSC using the SDK or PySAM .

The OND inverter model was originally developed as part of PVsyst. The list of PVsyst references in its Help system is here: files.pvsyst.com/help/references.htm. There is also some documentation of PVsyst models on Sandia's PV Modeling Collaborative website: pvpmc.sandia.gov/.

You may want to explore the PVsyst documentation (linked above) for descriptions of the inverter inputs.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Anton Driesse
More
17 Jun 2019 15:46 #7461 by Anton Driesse
Hi Paul,

We've been exploring quite a bit already, but it seems like some essential technical details are missing. 

It would be really helpful if we could get an PySAM example using InverterMermoudLejeuneModel as well as the MermoudLejeuneSingleDiodeModel.

Many thanks!

Anton

• Paul Gilman
More
17 Jun 2019 15:57 #7463 by Paul Gilman
Hi Anton,

I agree that documentation of those models would be useful. They are not NREL models, so we do not have access to any unpublished model details.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman