What is "ud_T_amb_ind_od"?

• Juliette Marti
  • Topic Author
More
20 May 2019 15:53 - 20 May 2019 15:55 #6806 by Juliette Marti
What is "ud_T_amb_ind_od"? was created by Juliette Marti
Hello, I'm new to the SDK. I generated Python 2 code from the SAM Desktop application (version 2018.11.11) and I'm trying to match the variables with the GUI of the desktop version. I'm struggling to find what "ud_T_amb_ind_od" is. Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thank you a lot in advance.
Last edit: 20 May 2019 15:55 by Juliette Marti.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
20 May 2019 19:37 - 20 May 2019 19:48 #6811 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic What is "ud_T_amb_ind_od"?
Hi,

As you know, SAM has several different models and many input variables, so when you ask a question like this, please let us know the name of the performance and/or financial model you are working with and where you are seeing the variable.

The ud_T_amb_ind_od is a variable that appears on the Power Cycle input page's User Defined Power Cycle option for the Molten Salt Power Tower model in the part-load or "off design" table's Ambient Temp column:

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 20 May 2019 19:48 by Paul Gilman.

• Juliette Marti
  • Topic Author
More
21 May 2019 09:08 - 21 May 2019 10:33 #6812 by Juliette Marti
Replied by Juliette Marti on topic What is "ud_T_amb_ind_od"?
Thanks you a lot for your answer, I understand better now. Sorry for my lack of precision, I'll keep in mind to specify more information for a next time.

EDIT: I was thinking, maybe is there a manual available online explaining the correspondence between the generated code and the GUI? I look up a little on Google but I couldn't find anything but dead links. I just found the option File > Inputs browser... that shows this information.
Last edit: 21 May 2019 10:33 by Juliette Marti. Reason: adding a question + grammar

Moderators: Paul Gilman