For Linear Fresnel model, the array m_dot_loop is returned as an empty one for Python 3 wrapper

• vikas3v
  • Topic Author
More
28 Nov 2018 04:04 #6524 by vikas3v
Hi,
I am trying to get the mass flow rate of saturated steam at Condenser for a Linear Fresnel CSP model from a SAM wrapper for Python 3. Since this mass flow rate is not directly defined on SAM, I am just trying to get the mass flow rate for Receiver. I am assuming that this mass flow rate will be the same as the flow rate at the condenser side as well. Please let me know if it is wrong to assume so.

Another issue I'm facing is that SAM does not return any values for the ssc_output m_dot_loop which is the closest variable I found for this particular mass flow rate. I can see values for "Field steam mass flow rate - loop" on SAM UI -> Heatmap. Can someone please let me know which variable does "Field steam mass flow rate - loop" correspond to in the wrapper?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
10 Dec 2018 17:40 #6525 by Paul Gilman
Hello,

A good way to find the names of variables is to use the LK script editor:
  1. In SAM, create a direct steam linear Fresnel case, or whatever kind of project you are modeling.
  2. On the File menu, click New script.
  3. Click Variables to display the variable browser.
  4. Make sure the configuration shown at the top of the browser is for the system you are modeling (DSLF for "direct steam linear Fresnel" in this case).
  5. Use the Search box to type a few letters of the SAM UI variable, and the variable list will show both the user interface name and the SSC variable name.

The "Field steam mass flow rate - loop" variable name is
m_dot

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman