battwatts input parameters

• toq1
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jul 2018 17:32 #6342 by toq1
battwatts input parameters was created by toq1
Where can I find the unit specifications/descriptions for the battwatts module in the SDKtool? I am interested in determining the options for the inputs for battery chemistry, dispatch, and meter position. There is no metadata listed describing the 0,1, or 2 options for these inputs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
16 Jul 2018 21:51 #6343 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic battwatts input parameters
Hello,

Oops, looks like an oversight in our part.

You can figure out what the options are by looking at the user interface elements for those inputs in SAM -- for the PVWatts model, at the bottom of the System Design page.

I updated the source code at github.com/NREL/ssc/blob/develop/ssc/cmod_battwatts.cpp so the variable descriptions will be more meaningful in the next version of SSC.

For
batt_simple_chemstry
:

0 = lead acid
1 = lithium ion

The variable metadata suggests that 2 is a valid value, but it does not appear as an option in the user interface or the source code.

For
batt_simple_dispatch
:

0 = peak shaving look ahead
1 = peak shaving look behind

Best regards,
Paul.

• Paul Gilman
More
19 Jul 2018 20:05 #6344 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic battwatts input parameters
Hello,

The 'gen' variable is a time series (8760 for hourly data) array with power values representing power from the PV array. Normally, in SAM, this would be generated by the pvwattsv5 module. You can either create the array yourself, or run the pvwattsv5 or another power system module to create it.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman