Notices, warnings, errors from SDK

• Unknown User
  • Topic Author
05 Jun 2017 10:52 #5495 by Unknown User
Notices, warnings, errors from SDK was created by Unknown User
Dear Paul,

I have a question concerning a certain function in the SDK. After I ran a simulation I go through all notices, warnings and error messages to verify validity of the result. I use the log-function for this purpose as proposed in the manual:

ssc_module.Log(idx, msg, type, time)

However, it seems like the function only returns warnings and errors. I ran SAM with a faulty meteo file on purpose. The run throws notices in the GUI version of SAM ("SAM calculated negative diffuse horizontal irradiance [...]"). However, no notices are returned when running the SAM sim core via the SDK and requesting the notices with the log-function. Warnings are thrown.

Any ideas if I am doing anything wrong? Is it possible to specify which kinds of messages are thrown?

Best regards,
Timo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
06 Jun 2017 22:57 #5496 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Notices, warnings, errors from SDK
Dear Timo,

That particular error message is generated by the pvsamv1 compute module. Is that the module you are running?

Best regards,
Paul.

• Unknown User
  • Topic Author
07 Jun 2017 18:21 #5497 by Unknown User
Replied by Unknown User on topic Notices, warnings, errors from SDK
Dear Paul,

yes, that's the module I am running. Other messages which are unique to the module (e.g. "The product of number of modules along side and bottom for subarray...", "Inverter oversized: The maximum inverter output...", "Inverter undersized: The array output exceeded the inverter rating") are correctly returned by the log-function.
Any ideas?

Best regards,
Timo

• Paul Gilman
More
12 Jun 2017 18:34 #5498 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Notices, warnings, errors from SDK
Dear Timo,

The message "SAM calculated diffuse horizontal irradiance..." is only generated when specify that GHI and DNI are used as input (
irrad_radmode = 1
).

Best regards,
Paul.

• Unknown User
  • Topic Author
14 Jun 2017 04:51 #5499 by Unknown User
Replied by Unknown User on topic Notices, warnings, errors from SDK
Dear Paul,

thanks for the clarification, that was indeed the reason for the difference in behavior! In general I find this plausibility check very helpful, because a custom meteo file can easily be accidentally shifted by an hour or so. I have programmed by own routine that always performs this check now, but maybe for other users, always running this plausibility check could be helpful.

Best regards,
Timo

Moderators: Paul Gilman