Getting only 3 hours of generation per day even though there is 9 hours of GHI,DNI,DHI

• ecuaflo
  • Topic Author
More
24 Apr 2017 00:21 #5373 by ecuaflo
I am attaching my script as well as on of my outputs so hopefully someone can see something I am missing. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here since I expect there should be 9 hours of generation output a day instead of just 3 and running it on previous latitudes and longitudes has given me correct outputs. Please pardon the messy script and let me know if you need any clarification.

Thanks,

Florin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
24 Apr 2017 16:03 #5374 by Paul Gilman
Hello,

Did you check the weather data for the latitude and longitude that generated those results?

You may want to test this by running a case in the desktop version of SAM using the same weather data to compare results to those of your script.

Best regards,
Paul.

• ecuaflo
  • Topic Author
More
28 Apr 2017 00:10 #5375 by ecuaflo
Thanks for the suggestion, Paul. It oddly seems to output the full 9 hours there. I can't get to the bottom of the discrepancy.

• Angus King
More
22 Jun 2017 08:29 #5376 by Angus King
Florin

Still having issues?

I haven't looked at your code in detail so I may be guessing, but ... looking at the sample weather file that you've provided it seems the solar data is for GMT (or some other timezone) rather than -7 - the solar values peak at about 19:00 rather than 12:00. I believe the values should be for local time rather than GMT. If SAM is producing the correct results it must be adjusting for the timezone and hence moving the data/time "backward/forward" 7 hours. Try adjusting your data backwards 7 hours to see if you get the correct result.

Kind regards

Angus

Moderators: Paul Gilman