Error Message in PV (Detailed)- weather data

• Ehab Issa
  • Topic Author
More
04 Jan 2017 22:18 #5056 by Ehab Issa
Hello,
I downloaded weather data for Egypt from Energy Plus weather format (Africa WMO Region 1--EGY_Alexandria.623180_ETMY.epw), lately when I load weather data and run simulation this message appear and simulation faild.

**exec fail(pvsamv1): failed to process irradiation on surface 1 (code: -1) [y:1985 m:4 d:24 h:11] Simulation pvsamv1 failed.**

How I solve this problem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
05 Jan 2017 18:12 #5057 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Error Message in PV (Detailed)- weather data
Hello,

That message is usually an indication that there is a problem with the weather data. In this case, there are a few hours of the year when the direct normal irradiance (DNI) is high, for example on March 24 at 11 am. You might try modifying the weather file for those time steps by setting the DNI value to that of a neighboring hour to see if that allows you to run a simulation in SAM.

Before modifying the file, you may want to consider using the "Solar Resource File Converter" macro to convert the EPW file to SAM CSV format. That will make it easier to find and modify data using a spreadsheet program or text editor. To see the macros, click the "Macros" button at the bottom left of the SAM main window.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Ehab Issa
  • Topic Author
More
05 Jan 2017 19:26 #5058 by Ehab Issa
Replied by Ehab Issa on topic Error Message in PV (Detailed)- weather data
Thank You so much for helping me.The simulation run by modifying DNI value.

Moderators: Paul Gilman