Multiple location request from NSRDB-SDK

• Tom Hardy
  • Topic Author
More
21 Dec 2016 21:13 #5029 by Tom Hardy
Multiple location request from NSRDB-SDK was created by Tom Hardy
Hello,

I want to make use of the automated download of data from NSRDB and SAM simulation for PV (nsrdb.nrel.gov/api-instructions).

I want to obtain the generation output of approx. 40,000 locations in the US. Thus, I have modified the code shown in the instructions in such a way that reads from a csv file all the locations, downloads the data from NSRDB, computes the power output for each location and saves the output of all of them in a netcdf file.

So far, I have done a test reading the first three locations in the csv. I can do a run for but first I want to make sure that I am allowed to do it.

If I let the model read and download the data from NSRDB of the approx. 40,000 locations one after the other, I may think that there is a possibility that the system identifies such action as an "attack". I may be too precautions, but I wanted to avoid further complications. Am I allowed to systematically request from the url string such amount of locations one after the other?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tom Hardy
  • Topic Author
More
09 Jan 2017 12:21 #5030 by Tom Hardy
Replied by Tom Hardy on topic Multiple location request from NSRDB-SDK
I have found the answer to my question: developer.nrel.gov/docs/solar/nsrdb/guide/

• Paul Gilman
More
10 Jan 2017 20:36 #5031 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Multiple location request from NSRDB-SDK
Hi Tom,

Thank you for sharing that link.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman