SDK Module Input/Output Documentation

• tmartin
  • Topic Author
More
28 Sep 2016 05:32 #4788 by tmartin
SDK Module Input/Output Documentation was created by tmartin
Hi,

Is there anywhere aside from the Module Browser that we can find the inputs/outputs for specific modules? (Documentation somewhere?) I'm in a weird situation where I have a 32-bit Matlab version that runs the using the 32 bit modules. When I open the module browser it only lets me check through the 64-bit modules or it throws an error message. I'm assuming the inputs are different between the 32- and 64-bit modules because Matlab is displaying a pvwattsv1 error asking for an input variable I don't see in my module browser.

Thanks for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
28 Sep 2016 15:40 #4789 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic SDK Module Input/Output Documentation
Hello,

The 32-bit and 64-bit SSC modules have the same inputs (they are based on the same code), so I don't think that is what is causing the problem. It is more likely that you are looking at a different version of SSC in the SDKtool than you are using with MATLAB. To ensure you are looking at the same version of SSC, start the SDKtool, and then click the "Choose SSC library" button and navigate to the copy of ssc.dll that MATLAB is using. (Note that you'll need to use the 32-bit version of SDKtool to read the 32-bit version of ssc.dll, and likewise for the 64-bit version.)

You can also use the variable documentation functions as described in Section 3.4 of the SSC Guide that comes with the SDK to list all of a modules variables from your code.

What is the pvwattsv1 variable that the error mentions?

Best regards,
Paul.

• tmartin
  • Topic Author
More
29 Sep 2016 03:12 #4790 by tmartin
Replied by tmartin on topic SDK Module Input/Output Documentation
Hi Paul,

My mistake, I actually found the variable in the SDKtool. I made a wrong assumption that the inputs would all be grouped together. This one was actually hidden further down.

Not sure if it's still relevant but the variable was "adjust:constant".

Sorry about the confusion, but thank you for your respnse.

• Paul Gilman
More
29 Sep 2016 15:47 #4791 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic SDK Module Input/Output Documentation
Ah, yes. The variables appear in the SDKtool Module Browser in the order they are declared in the source code, so you need to search through the entire list to find all of the input variables.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman