Using the SSC with R

• czarlogic
  • Topic Author
More
22 Jun 2016 15:46 #4571 by czarlogic
Using the SSC with R was created by czarlogic
Is there any possibility, or any current plans to add an R language interface to SSC? Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
23 Jun 2016 15:38 #4572 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Using the SSC with R
We do not have plans to add new language to the SDK for now, but it is helpful for us to know what languages people are interested in using.

If you have some programming experience, you could build your own wrapper for R using one of the existing wrappers for a different language as a model.

Best regards,
Paul.

• czarlogic
  • Topic Author
More
07 Jul 2016 15:08 #4573 by czarlogic
Replied by czarlogic on topic Using the SSC with R
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply- this is definitely something that I'm interested in. I have indeed begun writing a wrapper myself; it's a bit tricky in how R deals with pre-compiled code, not nearly as nice as the code samples provided.
If I were to open-source my work, put it on Github and/or CRAN, are there any licensing issues I should be aware of before doing that?
Thank you!

• Paul Gilman
More
07 Jul 2016 18:22 #4574 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Using the SSC with R
Hello,

You are welcome to open-source the R wrapper you develop and post it on websites like GitHub and CRAN. If you like, we should also be able to post a link to those websites from the SDK page of the SAM website. You are also welcome to post the URLs to those sites on this forum.

When you refer to SAM (System Advisor Model) and/or the SSC SDK (SAM Simulation Core Software Development Kit) in any documentation or descriptions of your work, please also mention the U.S. Department of Energy and National Renewable Energy Laboratory.

Best regards,
Paul.

• zaongco
More
08 Jul 2016 06:16 #4575 by zaongco
Replied by zaongco on topic Using the SSC with R
Hi Paul,
The version of SAM that I am using cannot generate report, how could I avail the version that report can be generated. Thanks

• zaongco
More
08 Jul 2016 06:34 #4576 by zaongco
Replied by zaongco on topic Using the SSC with R
I'm sorry Paul, i already found where to create report. Thanks

Moderators: Paul Gilman