Mixtures with CO2 Brayton power cycles with ReHeating and Thermal Energy Storage integration

• luis coco
  • Topic Author
More
01 Nov 2015 16:10 #3887 by luis coco
Are these capabilities available in SAM and SDK???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
03 Nov 2015 18:45 #3888 by Paul Gilman
Dear Luis,
SAM's molten salt power tower model allows you to choose between a Rankine cycle or sCO2 Recompression/Simple cycle on the Power Cycle input page. That model also includes the thermal energy storage system model.
In the SDK, the inputs for the sCO2 cycle appear in the SDKtool module browser in rows 176 through 182. A quick way to populate the inputs in the SDK tool is to create a case in SAM, and then press the Shift-F5 keys to create a set of .lk script files that you can then open in the SDKtool's script editor. When you run the script in the SDKtool, it populates the Data Container with values that were originally in the SAM file.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In SAM 2015.6.30 r3 there is a bug that prevents the molten salt power tower model with sCO2 power cycle from running. To work around the issue, please use the appropriate link below to install SAM 2015.6.30 r1: I would recommend installing the r1 version of SAM or SDK separately from other versions of SAM so you can continue to use the current version for other applications.
Best regards,

Paul.

• luiscoco
More
26 Nov 2016 21:12 #3889 by luiscoco
Dear Paul i am trying to proceed in the way you explain me a long time ago in your e-mail: "A quick way to populate the inputs in the SDK tool is to create a case in SAM, and then press the Shift-F5 keys to create a set of .lk script files that you can then open in the SDKtool's script editor. "

BUT a dialog titled "internal tools" appears asking me for a Password code please.

Please provide me the password

• luiscoco
More
26 Nov 2016 21:12 #3890 by luiscoco
Dear Paul i am trying to proceed in the way you explain me a long time ago in your e-mail: "A quick way to populate the inputs in the SDK tool is to create a case in SAM, and then press the Shift-F5 keys to create a set of .lk script files that you can then open in the SDKtool's script editor. "

BUT a dialog titled "internal tools" appears asking me for a Password code please.

Please provide me the password

• Paul Gilman
More
28 Nov 2016 18:05 #3891 by Paul Gilman
Dear Luis,

In the latest version of SAM (2016.3.14 r4), you can create the code by clicking Generate code on the Case menu.

Pressing the Shift-F5 keys should also work. Please be sure that you are pressing the correct keys,and than the function keys on your keyboard are turned on. (I think the internal tools dialog is Shift-F7.)

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman