SDK - use to change variables

• adyreson
  • Topic Author
More
08 Sep 2015 19:47 #3690 by adyreson
SDK - use to change variables was created by adyreson
Hello:

I am new to the SDK. Is it possible to use the SDK to continually adjust data in the resource input file? For example I want to change the wet bulb temperature for the next hour based on the results of the previous hour's simulation.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
09 Sep 2015 16:53 #3691 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic SDK - use to change variables
Hello,

The pvwattsv5_1ts module runs a simulation for a single time step for a photovoltaic system. The other performance models run a simulation over an entire year at the time step determined by the weather file. I don't think there is a practical way to
do what you describe.

Best regards,
Paul.

• adyreson
  • Topic Author
More
11 Sep 2015 14:42 #3692 by adyreson
Replied by adyreson on topic SDK - use to change variables
Thanks.

• giovanni.picotti
More
08 Dec 2015 01:37 #3693 by giovanni.picotti
Replied by giovanni.picotti on topic SDK - use to change variables
Dear Paul,

regarding this topic, replicating the tcsmolten_salt module in the SSC SDKtool through the MATLAB wrapper I am now trying to modify the heliostats' reflectance every time-step (hourly or daily or weekly). The best case would be modify each heliostat's reflectance individually but even a daily/weekly heliostats field's average reflectance would be really good.

Is it possible to vary the reflectance over time? I saw thanks to the SDK that it is passed to SAM as a number, I would like to pass it as an array which contains values for every hour. Do you think there is a way to do it?

Best Regards,
Giovanni

• giovanni.picotti
More
08 Dec 2015 01:38 #3694 by giovanni.picotti
Replied by giovanni.picotti on topic SDK - use to change variables
Dear Paul,

regarding this topic, replicating the tcsmolten_salt module in the SSC SDKtool through the MATLAB wrapper I am now trying to modify the heliostats' reflectance every time-step (hourly or daily or weekly). The best case would be modify each heliostat's reflectance individually but even a daily/weekly heliostats field's average reflectance would be really good.

Is it possible to vary the reflectance over time? I saw thanks to the SDK that it is passed to SAM as a number, I would like to pass it as an array which contains values for every hour. Do you think there is a way to do it?

Best Regards,
Giovanni

• Paul Gilman
More
10 Dec 2015 17:45 #3695 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic SDK - use to change variables
Dear Giovanni,

As you note, the heliostat reflectance input is a single value, so it is not possible to specify a different value for different times. An inefficient way to accomplish what you are trying to do would be to run the model for each reflectance value you are investigating, and then extract results for the time steps to which the reflectance applies. For example, with daily average reflectance values, you could run the model with one reflectance value for Day 1, and then store the results for Hours 1-24 hours, then run the model again with the Day 2 reflectance value and store the results for Hours 25-48, etc.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman