Using SAM API to access panel and inverter databases

• MegCW
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jun 2015 20:31 #3482 by MegCW
Hello!

Is there a way to use the SAM API to access information about panel and inverter characteristics (ex. efficiency, size of panel, etc.)? Alternatively, does SAM release the database files that are used to create these options? I was hoping to get the information in a spreadsheet, .csv file, or other MySQL database accessible format.

Thanks!
Meg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Angus King
More
01 Jul 2015 09:55 #3483 by Angus King
I'm guessing that if you look at the SAM libraries you'll find csv files in the 'libraries' sub-folder. The files 'CEC Inverters.csv' and 'CEC Modules.csv' should give you what you need. The column headers are a bit cryptic but will be described somewhere or may be guessed at.

Kind regards
AnGus

• Angus King
More
01 Jul 2015 09:57 #3484 by Angus King
and 'Sandia Modules.csv'

• Janine Keith
More
01 Jul 2015 14:39 #3485 by Janine Keith
Replied by Janine Keith on topic Using SAM API to access panel and inverter databases
Thanks for your help, AnGus! Those are indeed the module and inverter database sheets accessed by SAM. The full folder path probably looks something like C:\SAM\2015.1.30\libraries.

Regards,
Janine

• MegCW
  • Topic Author
More
01 Jul 2015 15:36 #3486 by MegCW
Thank you both for your quick responses!
That is exactly what I was looking for. Do you know if there is a list of what the headers mean somewhere? They are pretty cryptic.

Thanks,
Meg

• Angus King
More
03 Jul 2015 04:21 #3487 by Angus King
Meg

If you look at the SAM Photovoltaic Model Technical Reference you should be able to decode most of them. Somewhere around page 40 URL is www.nrel.gov/docs/fy15osti/64102.pdf (on page sam.nrel.gov/performance)

Kind regards

AnGus

Moderators: Paul Gilman